Sound Discipline has the privilege of working alongside local Black leaders in the areas of social emotional learning (SEL) and education. To celebrate Black History Month this year, we reached out and asked if we could share their work and personal inspirations.
- Anthony Ase, Secondary STEM Facilitator, Renton School District
- Damithia Nieves, Founder of Thrive Yoga and The Mindful Mentors Project
- Ebony Pattenaude, Director, Renton Innovation Zone Partnerships (RIZP) and Early Learning, Renton School District
- Hani Nur, Reading Interventionist and Principal Intern, Thorndyke Elementary, Tukwila School District
- Tymmony Keegan, Cleveland Highschool, Seattle School District
Thank you for helping us lift up the importance of SEL in current times, and for sharing the historical Black leaders who influenced and inspired your own lives and careers!